By now I imagine everyone that reads blogs has come across the “Liebster Award”. How exactly it originated I’m not sure, but it is a meme in which you nominate blogs that you particularly like, and suggest some questions for those bloggers to answer. They in turn nominate blogs they like, and so it goes on.
It turns out I was nominated for this some time ago by wallcat. It took me a while to notice, and even longer to write a post. But at least I don’t have to feel left out… and it is a pretty fun and interesting meme!
Where is your favourite place to hang out?
I don’t have a single place, but coffee shops are good. I prefer by the window or outdoor seating, so I can get the daylight and watch life going past.
What do you like to do to unwind?
Games, books, TV or radio could feature, together with drinks and snacks.
Also walking and tennis, but those aren’t always ready-to-hand options when I’m in need of unwinding.
Would you consider yourself to be an outdoors or an indoors person?
I think I prefer outdoors, but a lot of the stuff I like to do or need to do requires being indoors!
If you could have one super-power what would it be?
Time travel, if that’s allowed as a super-power.
If you were a sorcerer what element would you specialize in – fire, earth, air or water?
All the elements would be cool, but I like flying, the sky, and airy stuff generally.
What is your proudest achievement?
I helped someone turn their life around from a very bad place.
Who are your role models?
I don’t know if “role model” is really the right term, but I’ll say Mahatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela and Richard Feynman. I know a fair bit about their lives and they’ve been an influence on me one way and another.
What is your favourite book, game or film?
Book – The Lord of the Rings.
What is your favourite colour?
Blue or Purple. I find you can easily have too much purple though, so maybe blue.
If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be?
I assume it’s a genie that is clever enough to rule out meta-wishes (wishing for more wishes etc) and not one of the devious and untrustworthy ones that will twist your request into something that technically fits but is actually horrible… in that case…
- Excellent health until age 90
- A fully functioning TARDIS (and the knowhow to operate it!)
- The ability to master the material in any book by skimming it for five minutes
I’m sort of asking to be the Doctor aren’t I? Except sticking to being basically human!
I did contemplate asking for a large amount of money, but I figure with a TARDIS you’ve got a home and transport taken care of, plus you can always go win the lottery if you really needed to get actual cash.
If you could sum yourself up in just a few words, what would they be?
Intermittently awesome, frequently dysfunctional, mostly quite nice.
Nominees and Questions
Now the tricky part… since I’m very late with this meme, I think pretty much everyone that I might have nominated has already been nominated by someone else, and already posted their response as well. If wallcat hadn’t nominated me, I’d surely have nominated her!
Well rather than try to find out who has already done this meme, I will sidestep the issue in two ways…
- I will list some of my favorite blogs
- I will ask some questions that anyone who feels so inclined can answer, either in a blog post of their own, via a comments here, or via Twitter.
11 Blogs I Like
In no particular order, a non-exhaustive list of blogs that I like, and bloggers who I’d enjoy seeing answering my questions, if they feel the urge…
Feel free to answer as many or as few as you like, and via whatever medium you prefer… your own blog, comments here, Twitter or other internety means. Though if there’s some way I can find out that you have answered them, that would definitely be good.
Remember anyone who wants can answer!
- Do you watch or play any sports? Which?
- Are you a morning person, night owl or neither?
- Strangest phobia you have personally come across?
- What little known book, show or film do you love?
- What historical era would you live in, if not the present? Why?
- What advice would you give your younger self?
- What’s something you’ve always wanted to do, but not done yet?
- How would you do in the event of a Zombie Apocalypse?
- What’s your ideal place to work?
- What fictional character has influenced you the most?
- What’s the best thing about your life right now?